Trainee CAD Design/Engineer Position
Based in Essex
An opportunity to join one of the most innovative cover makers in the marine environment. Established in 1964 Dolphin is continually pushing the boundaries of sail and marine cover making. With a blend of technology and tradition we create sails and covers for family coastal cruising and round the world adventures through to IRC and Grand Prix racing, all from our sail lofts in Essex.
We are now looking for a trainee CAD Engineer to produce 3D designs from digital measurements, manipulate designs/form to suit marine environments/structures and be part of a successful production team.
- Experience with digital design and 3D manipulation
- Previous CAD use/knowledge in a production environment
- Use of Rhino is a bonus
- Have good verbal and written skills
- Be presentable and have a good level of customer service
Anyone with the below skills should make it known in their application:
- Basic boat building and rigging experience such as installing tracks and fittings
- Ability to use CAD (such as Rhino) to interrogate patterns
- Ability to use 3D measuring equipment to pattern [yachts] digitally
- Structural capacity knowledge
- Marine and boating experience/knowledge
We will train you to:
- Manipulate patterns in a marine environment
- Be able to form plastic patterns which can be translated effectively by our production team
- Use digital patterning equipment
There is the opportunity to travel abroad to assist in patterning and fitting covers/awnings for the right candidate.
Renumeration commensurate to skill and experience level.
We are also interested in experienced CAD engineers – apply via the same route.
CV’s should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter.