Office and Administrative Assistant
Dolphin are one of the foremost sail, cover and awning suppliers in the UK.
With offices in Harwich, West Mersea, Southampton and Palma de Mallorca, we serve a wide sailing community both locally and internationally. We have an established customer base which includes many of the industries blue ribbon brands for custom and semi-custom yacht builders. We are proud to be able report that we export around half of our output.
- We seek an assistant administrator, to help deal with our clients both nationally and internationally
- Dealing with customer enquiries in an efficient and timely manner both face to face, via the telephone and through email. We require the successful candidate to have good skills numerically and the potential exists to be involved in the accounting side of the business in the future
- Creating orders, invoices and collecting payments
- Logging and tracking orders via Filemaker and excel. Use of Microsoft word is also essential
- Packing and despatching orders and liaising with the production team
- A primary initial point of contact for sales calls via telephone and visits in person to the office
- Booking flights + accommodation for work trips away
- As part of the Office Administration team you will play a leading role in co-ordinating the logistics of moving items between the various Dolphin offices and be responsible for recording the booking in and out of the customers sails or covers
Candidates will have:
We’re looking for a friendly and helpful individual who has strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines. With a keen eye for detail and accurate data entry skills, you will have experience within a customer service role and have the ability to manage customer enquiries.
We’d like you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work as part of a team to ensure the successful delivery of a sale. You should have strong administration skills, be able to use your own initiative and have experience of data processing.
- Use of computer programmes such as Excel and Word are essential
- Marine and boat based experience desirable
A good remuneration for the right candidate based on skills and experience.
All CVs should be sent to email@example.com by 1st September 2019, for consideration. For enquiries please contact 01255 243366.
CAD and Sales Structural Engineer
Dolphin is seeking a CAD and Sales Structural Engineer to join the team in our Harwich office, as we forge the future of the manufacture and construction of tensile membrane structures. We are dedicated to partnering with our clients, making their design concepts a reality and continuing to advance fabric architecture. We operate in both marine and land-based environments and have clients that include the largest sailing yacht in the world.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for the designing of tensile membrane structures, steel structures and for preparing detailed and accurate drawings for use in fabric workshop, steel fabrication and site installation. The role will collaborate closely with the production managers to convert design drawings into shop drawings incorporating specific requirements.
The position will encompass a sales responsibility: selling our tensile products into the land-based arena. As well as the below:
- Prepare detailed steel fabrication, assembly and component drawings
- Perform dimensional checks on all drawings, and in collaboration with the project engineer and production management, evaluate constructability, issues of tolerance and any other issues which may affect fabrication or installation
- Prepare bill of material (BOM) for material procurement in cooperation with production management
- Perform all project work in accordance with project deadlines
- Make recommendations on how to improve or reduce costs of components utilised in the project
- Assist the project engineer and production management in identifying those repeat technical items or solutions which could be performed more efficiently
To achieve success, candidates should demonstrate the following core competencies:
- attention to detail
- efficient organisational skills
- interpersonal skills
- written and verbal communication
Candidates will have:
- Experience with various types of software, including tensile membrane softwares such as NDN – Solidworks and AutoCAD preferred
- Rhino experience and knowledge will be useful
- 10 years’ experience with architectural/structural steel design, with an understanding of structural theory and connection types
- Rendering capabilities are a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of national and local codes as they relate to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions/properties and the ability to incorporate these into product designs
Estimated to be between £30-35k, dependent on experience and skill base.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01255 243366.