Experienced and Apprentice Cover Making Positions
Based in Essex and Hamble
An opportunity to join one of the most innovative cover maker in the marine environment
Established in 1964 Dolphin is continually pushing the boundaries of sail and marine cover making. With a blend of technology and tradition we create sails and covers for family coastal cruising, round the world adventures through to IRC and Grand Prix racing, all from our sail lofts in Essex, Hamble and Palma de Mallorca.
Having recently expanded with the introduction of our new service loft on the South Coast and a recent restructure at our Essex loft enables us to promote internally and recruit new staff to our team.
We are looking for experienced Cover Makers to carry out patterning new covers, and the service and repair of covers, awnings and fit our sails and covers. We will also consider a role for keen, enthusiastic apprentices where appropriate with an aptitude for patterning and CAD or relevant experience within the marine industry.
- Be able to form plastic patterns which can be translated effectively by our production team.
- Good skill in service and repair of covers
- Good verbal and written skills to enable effective communication between yacht to loft and between lofts.
- Presentable and good level of customer service
- Full Driving license
- It would be desirable to be able to use CAD (such as Rhino) to interrogate patterns and use 3D measuring equipment to pattern yachts digitally, training would be given.
- Marine ad boating experience
- Machining experience
- Basic Boat building and rigging experience such as installing tracks and fittings
Opportunities to travel abroad to assist our team in patterning and fitting covers and awnings for a wide range of yachts, both sail and power are available.
Renumeration commensurate to skill and experience level.
CVs should be sent to Kate@dolphin-sails.com by the 18th October.
For any queries please contact 01255 243366.