Office and Administrative Assistant
Dolphin are one of the foremost sail, cover and awning suppliers in the UK.
With offices in Harwich, West Mersea, Southampton and Palma Majorca, we serve a wide sailing community both locally and internationally. We have an established customer base which includes many of the industries blue ribbon brands for custom and semi-custom yacht builders. We are proud to be able report that we export around half of our output.
- We seek an assistant administrator, to help deal with our clients both nationally and internationally
- Dealing with customer enquiries in an efficient and timely manner both face to face, via the telephone and through email. We require the successful candidate to have good skills numerically and the potential exists to be involved in the accounting side of the business in the future
- Creating orders, invoices and collecting payments
- Logging and tracking orders via Filemaker and excel. Use of Microsoft word is also essential
- Packing and despatching orders and liaising with the production team
- A primary initial point of contact for sales calls via telephone and visits in person to the office
- Booking flights + accommodation for work trips away
- As part of the Office Administration team you will play a leading role in co-ordinating the logistics of moving items between the various Dolphin offices and be responsible for recording the booking in and out of the customers sails or covers
Candidates will have:
We’re looking for a friendly and helpful individual who has strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines. With a keen eye for detail and accurate data entry skills, you will have experience within a customer service role and have the ability to manage customer enquiries.
We’d like you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work as part of a team to ensure the successful delivery of a sale. You should have strong administration skills, be able to use your own initiative and have experience of data processing.
- Use of computer programmes such as Excel and Word are essential
- Marine and boat based experience desirable
A good remuneration for the right candidate based on skills and experience.
See www.dolphinsails.com/job-vacancy for details on how to apply.